Friday, July 6, 2007

I´m running out of time to see everything I want to see. Going to have to completely cut Germany out of my trip, and I only have time for three or four more cities before arriving in London in nine days.

Well, the first really bad thing to happen on my trip happened about two hours ago. Was walking out of Legoland after 7 hours there (more on that later) to the bus that would take me back to the nearest town with a train station when I stepped on what I thought was a concrete sidewalk. Turned out to be sand - a heavy, dense sand - and I twisted or sprained my ankle as I turned on it, not expected the depression. Hurts a ton to walk on it, and kinda ruins my plan for the next few days (hike in the Black Forest, walk around castles).

Thinking I'll do Vienna for a day or two, then take some trains through Switzerland to see it, then visit some town in southern france before finishing out in Paris. We'll see how things work out.

Legoland made me feel like such a kid again. Everything they did there was amazing - I loved Miniland, where they recreated hundreds of villages and buildings using millions of lego bricks. My favorite was their recreation of Bergen, Norway, where I spent a day - they had the fish market where I had my hvalburger, and even had the hostel I stayed at. What amazed me was how animated they made everything - trains, boats, cars and people moved around, dragons blew smoke, pirates and scottish bagpipers played music... by far the coolest was the working lock system, though. It'll never cease to amaze me what they do with those bricks. Entire cities - Bergen, Copenhagen, Amsterdam; famous buildings - castles, capital buildings, the statue of liberty - they had pretty much everything.

Also loved the 4D cinema, which had the best 3D movies I've ever seen. Those things have come a long way from when I first saw them years ago. Hopefully it isn't too long before they start become widespread enough for a major movie release - I'd love to see some action flick done on the curved screen.

At JJ's request I took pictures of 'everything' - about 250 - so you have something to look forward too, kid.

Anyway, tonight is interesting 'cause I have no idea where I'm going. I was too late for the train to Hamburg, which is the train hub of this part of the continent, so I just started getting on trains that would take me closer to Vienna. Currently I've done Vejle -> Fredrisburg and Fredrisburg -> Kolding, and have a train from here to Dussledorf, Germany, in an hour. Who knows if I'll get another train from there tonight.

I need my ankle to get better, soon, or else I'll be seeing very little of vienna over the next few days.

No comments: