Wednesday, July 4, 2007

For the first time yet my rail guide failed me - left me in a city where it said there would be a train, but there wasn't one. I'm now in Goteborg, Sweden, and there isn't a train to Copenhagen for 7 hours.

Fortunately, Goteborg is the one city in Scandinavia where I actually know someone - an old friend who I had already met in Malmö earlier on my trip. I called him up, and now I'm at his flat for the night. In any other city in Europe I would be sleeping at a train station (too late to get a hostel); here we can stay up and watch a movie or two. Rather nice how things work out...

What is funny, though, is that because I'm here it's the one night so far on my trip that I could call home; as I'm in a place late enough that wouldn't charge a ton of money. However, it's also the one day of the year back home where everyone is out for the night.

I laughed at how things have worked out tonight, at least.

No comments: