Thursday, May 17, 2007

Greetings All

Throughout my trip I'll periodically be updating this site with some notes about my trip. I will try to update at least once a week, but I can't make any garuntees.

If you want to reach me while I'm away, send an email to deynar@gmail.com. I'll reply as soon as I can.

For now, I'll leave you with my temporary schedule for how I've planned my trip:

------------------------------------

Greece:
May 23rd: Siena College, 10:00 am
JFK, 2:00

June 8th: Siena group departs
June 9-10th: in Greece. Visit Thermopylae, other sites suggested by Dr. Sham
June 11thish: Overnight ferry from Igoumenitsa, Greece to Bari, Italy

Italy, between June 11th & 17th:
Bari – Amalfi/Naples
Naples – Rome (two days)
Rome – Assisi
Assisi – Florence/Pisa
Florence - Venice
June 17th: In Venice on the 17th with Elizabeth Kays & relatives

Ireland:
June 18th: Fly from Venice to Dublin
June 18th – In Dublin with Irina.
June 19th – 21st: In Dublin with Irina, Charles & John. Potentially visit surrounding area.

June 23nd or 24th - Fly to Amsterdam
June 24rd: Amsterdam, meet Maurits Kersten

Between June 23rd and July 15th:

Amsterdam, Brussel, Luxembourg, Paris (visit David & Chris) Orleans, Geneva, Bern, Zurich, Innsbruck, Vienna, Saltzburg, Munich, Prague, Auschwitz, Krakow, Dresden, Berlin, Hamburg, Copenhagen.

If there is any time left, head into Norway/Sweden. Unlikely, however.


British Isles:
July 15th: Meet up with Gill Biliski in London
Check into Hilton London Olympia, @ 3:00.
July 16th: Pick up Sean Kelly @ Heathrow, sightsee
July 17th – 19th: In London at the Olympia. Check out morning, 19th.

July 19th – 24thish: Visit Stonehenge. Visiting a Welsh Castle. Visit other stuff, going north. Possibly spend some time in Ireland - quick ferry over.
Spend a night with Rob Goodwin in Sheffield
July 24thish: Meet Sean’s friend Rory Reynolds in Edinburgh for first half of week. Stay with him, explore Scotland.

Sometime between July 24th & July 30th: Leave Edinburgh, stay with Rory’s parents in Glasgow.
July 30th: Morning Flight from Glasgow to Dublin. 5 Hour layover. Meet up with Irina & Daniel for lunch. Early Evening Flight from Dublin to JFK. Deborah Kelly meets us @ JFK @ 7:00; home late on July 30th.

1 comment:

geeky me said...

Awesome! Thanks for doing this. It'll be great to read what you are up to as you travel.